Carson Helicopters, Inc. is a privately-owned company that has established itself as a leader in manufacturing and aeronautical advancements. We are proud of the community that makes up our workforce and realize that a company can only be as good as its employees. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages that include health insurance, life insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Carson is currently seeking candidates for the following positions in Newport News, Virginia:
Composite Manufacturing Inspector
Duties & Responsibilities:
Plans and performs detailed inspections of tooling, metal and composite materials, parts and assemblies using precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, depth gages, height gages, and computer based Romer.
- Performs First Article Inspections (FAI) and generates FAI reports.
- Performs and coordinates the calibration of precision measuring tools used for inspection purposes.
- Conducts process audits and area surveillance as directed by supervision.
- Performs receiving inspection of incoming parts and materials when required.
- Clearly presents written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering requirements.
- May interact with and provide responses to company management and Quality Assurance representatives during audits and review of Company inspections.
- Perform final and periodic inspection of fabrication and assembly tooling.
- Document nonconforming items and assist in the disposition process.
- Must be proficient in math calculations associated with complex inspections. Proficient in interpreting mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Previous composite manufacturing experience preferred( carbon fiber, honeycomb structures, prepreg applications)
- Knowledge of ISO9000 a plus Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Knowledge of FAA part 21 /PMA is a plus
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Composite Manufacturing Engineering Lead
Carson Helicopters is seeking a composite engineering lead in Newport News, VA for a new Composite Tail Rotor Blade. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of aerospace engineering with composites in a design or manufacturing environment. Solid Works or other CAD background is a must. The position will require general management skills to maintain production schedule and lead a small team of trained composite technicians. The candidate will be required to update FAA approved drawings and process documents, review discrepant parts and make an engineering determination for ‘accept or reject’ as well as suggest process improvements and implement lean manufacturing techniques.
We appreciate your interest in exploring career opportunities at Carson Helicopters, Inc. Please send, fax or email your resume to:
Carson Helicopters, Inc.
ATT: HR Manager
952 Blooming Glen Road
Perkasie, PA 18944